Thursday 11 December 2014

My Ladakh Trip : A Photo Tour

Ladakh is one of the most peaceful and pure places in the world. A place where you can actually taste the air, a place which is the origin of some oldest monasteries, a place which defines peace. I can go on and on when it comes to Ladakh. It was one of my memorable trip. I had a few bumps in the trip because being an adventure lover I went to Ladakh in late September which is not ideal but it was all worth it.

In this post I will share my journey to ladakh via pictures. I hope you like it..If have any queries related to Leh - Ladakh weather or ladakh tour packages...write to me in the comment section or you can also write to me on my Facebook page - www.facebook.com/touringtravellers :)

So here we go -

So Here the journey starts.....This is the kind of peace and purity you would find there..

This was our first stop in Jispa, where we had food in this house cum restaurant...This lovely family offered simple yet amazing food which includes a bowl of pulses and rice.
This was our second stop..Sarchu...behind me is our little hotel which I call tin and mud hotel..Would explain that in my next picture. :)





There was this lovely old lady who took care of all of us like an angel..We reached at this place at 2 in the morning..we didn't have water to drink...one of my friends was really sick due to the cold temperature and this lady was an angel in hell...and yes why I call it Tin and Mud hotel...you can see It is made of Tin and Mud...well there is a reason for that...Tin part is always cooler and the mud part is always warm...which helps in both seasons.

We left Sarchu and on our way to Ladakh..This picture was taken at our third stoppage 'Pang'.

Finally reached...The first place we visited in Leh was this palace...you can actually see the whole city from here..

Here is the view of Leh city...It looks like a bowl of mountains which is filled with small houses...
Hemis Monastery...One of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh..It was built in 17th century..I don't know how did these people came here in the 17th century when even today it is a difficult task..Hats off to all the monks..
On the way to Pangong Lake...This is the second highes motorable road in the road...It was so slippery that locals have to put iron chains on their tyres...Well we didn't have that option...so this is what happened next..SEE THE NEXT IMAGE !!!

No body got hurt...but it was a frightening experience...Our car was literally about to go down....Do you see the road...It is made of tiles for a specific reasons...Thanks to the two local boys who helped us out...
Finally reached where we wanted to reach...Pangong Lake...According the locals..this lake is 60% in China and 40% in India..It was so cold in there that we couldn't even feel our face...well that's the price one has to pay for visiting Ladakh in late September. :)


I hope you find these pictures interesting...Initially I wanted to write about the trip but I thought what could be better than explaining things through pictures. If you are planning a Road Trip to Ladakh...and have question regarding the route and accomadations..Do write it down in the comment section or write to me on my facebook page here - www.facebook.com/touringtravllers
Till next time..stay happy and keep travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment